Who We Are:
DarwinAI is a rapidly growing Artificial Intelligence startup that is helping manufacturers adopt AI they can trust. Companies are increasingly turning to AI to automate their processes and improve profitability. Our patented Explainable AI (XAI) software, stemming from years of research (500+ publications including numerous awards) and led by Dr. Alexander Wong (Canada’s Research Chair in AI), is used by numerous Fortune 100 companies to make this possible.
Today, DarwinAI’s XAI platform is helping manufacturers automate visual quality inspection, which is one of the most crucial steps in production as it prevents defects before a product hits the shelf. XAI improves both processes and product quality by locating defects and implementing continuous AI learning to make the solution smarter and more accurate over time.
DarwinAI was named to CB Insights’ AI 100 (1 of 5 Canadian companies on the list and the only repeat inclusion). CB Insights also named DarwinAI a “high-momentum startup” in its Game Changing Startups 2020 report. At DarwinAI, we recognize that our people are our most valuable assets. To this end, we’re proud to announce we were awarded the global Timmy award for Best Startup in North America in 2021 (as well as Best Work Culture for the Toronto region). Given our focus on camaraderie and connectedness, such accolades were appreciated.
Who We Are Looking For:
As a QA lead at DarwinAI, you’ll be a key contributor to a small team to ensure the quality and usability of our deep-learning platform for manufacturing.
We aspire to develop new and novel ways of testing software, including building pipelines and frameworks that don't yet exist. You’ll be given the responsibility and freedom to innovate in this area - an exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of testing and quality assurance.
Key elements of this role include:
- Providing mentorship and leadership in the QA team,
- Develop QA processes and procedures
- Working closely with the development and product teams to design test plans for new features
- Testing and verifying our platform as different user personas, at the levels of installation, SDK, API, and user interfaces,
- Developing new component and end-to-end tests, including performance testing,
- maintaining and extending automated testing/release tool-chain.
We are looking for a technical leader/contributor, who can guide the QA team in developing new ways of testing our product. With your QA experience you will mentor the team, leading by example and delivering excellence.
Our ideal candidate has the ability to learn new tools quickly, including scripting/configuration languages, and possesses a genuine curiosity as to why things work and, more importantly, why they don’t.
Our ideal candidate also possesses:
- Experience in product testing and test automation, and a desire to improve product quality.
- Experience or interest in leadership.
- Experience working in releasing a product built upon Python and/or full-stack Angular code.
- Experience designing and writing object-oriented code in a team setting
- Experience in performance (speed) testing a device under test.
- Excellent organizational skills.
Experience in some of the following would be an asset:
- Linux tools and administration
- Shell programming (bash, sh)
- Database tools and SQL queries
- API testing
- SDK testing
- Cloud APIs (e.g., AWS EC2, ECS, ECR, EFS, S3, IAM)
- Docker: Dockerfile, docker-compose
- Bitbucket pipelines
- Tensorflow, Pytorch, or other deep learning frameworks
- UI testing using Selenium
- Awk, sed, jq, other ways of wrangling data.
- Security best practices
- JIRA and Scrum
What we have to offer you:
- A rewarding career path where you can sharpen your skills and showcase your talent
- An environment where you’re recognized, appreciated and rewarded for hard work
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (Yes. Unlimited paid vacation - within reason of course!)
- Flexible environment (Work from home or a coffee shop as you see fit)
- Training and development allowance program
- Health & Wellness Allowance Program
- Competitive Salary
- Employee Stock Option Purchase Plan
- Comprehensive Group Health, Dental & Vision Benefit Plan
- Maternity & Paternity Leave Top-Up Program
- Quarterly team building initiatives
DarwinAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive team. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs throughout the recruitment, assessment, and selection process. If selected to participate in the process, please inform the Company of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
To get a sense of what working with us looks like, please take a look at our recently launched Life at Darwin Instagram account.